- In today’s article, we are going to study about ‘magnetic field and magnetic field lines‘ How beneficial it is and what is the basics of this concept you should know before getting a detailed information on it. And hence We will also read about some more topics like what is basic of magnetic field, magnetic field lines, properties of magnetic field lines, right hand thumb rule, solinoide, Etc given in Detail. So, take your notebooks in you hand and get ready to study physics in an easy and sorted way.
It is define as the field which is produced due to moving charges. All we can say that magnetic field is produced due to current flowing in a particular conductor.
Properties of magnetic field lines
- The direction of magnetic field is from North Pole to south pole.
- Inside the magnet direction of magnetic field lines are from South Pole to North Pole. These lines are straight lines and parallel to each other.
- More strong the magnetic field more closer the magnetic field lines are.
- Magnetic field lines never intersect each other. Because at the point of intersection if we measure the direction of magnetic field lines then compass needle will show to directions at the same point which is not possible practically. (Compass is instrument which is used to measure the deflection in electric circuit which shows that either current is flowing in circuit or not)
Rules to measure direction of magnetic field lines and current
Right Hand Thumb Rule
According to this rule if we use our right hand then the direction of pointed thumb will show the direction of current. And the direction of curved fingers will show the direction of magnetic field lines. This rule is used to detect the direction of these field lines.
For example, if an electric conductor the direction of flowing current is upwards then magnetic field lines will be in anticlockwise direction. And if in electric conductor the direction of flowing current is downwards then magnetic field lines will be in clockwise direction.
What is solenoid?
Have you ever noticed the shape of spring? It is helix in shape. You can simply relate solenoid with spring. But in case of solenoid spring type object is made up of copper wire. When you provide electricity to this solenoid then it exactly behaves like a bar magnet.
Direction of magnetic field lines are from north pole to south pole. Inside the solenoid direction of the field lines is from South to North Pole. Hence we can say that a solenoid is exactly behaves like a bar magnet in magnetic field. Write a magnet patterns of field lines are straight lines which is parallel to each other.
Do you know?
Can you think what happens when we insert a Iron Rode inside the solenoid.
Well the answer is iron rod will gonna magnitise itself in magnetic field.
So our article is finished and after completely reading this article, one can easily tell what is magnetic field. And we have also discussed some more topics like what is what is basic of magnetic field lines, properties of magnetic field lines, right hand thumb rule, solinoide, Etc.
Must read :
Hence, You can visit there for more information.
Your suggestions are invited for more topics of articles. And If you found this article helpful then let us know your views on comment box. And if you like this article then please share this article with others, lets help them too gaining knowledge in easiest way. If you still have any doubts and questions then you can surely text us via mail or in comment box.