- In today’s article, we are going to study about ‘Easiest explanation of Wein bridge oscillator circuit diagram ‘ How beneficial it is and what is the wein bridge oscillator. We will also read about some more topics like wein bridge oscillator circuit diagram, construction and working of wein bridge oscillator, advantages of wein bridge oscillator, disadvantages of wein bridge oscillator, essential need for a Oscillator to behave like wein bridge oscillator etc in Detail. So, take your notebooks in you hand and get ready to study physics in an easy and sorted way
Wein bridge oscillator
- Wein bridge oscillator is define as a simplest type of sine wave oscillator in which we use a RC network in place of LC tank circuit for the production of sinusoidal waveform.
- This oscillator is a standard oscillator, always work for frequency 10hz to 1mhz (mega herz).
- It is generally used for audio frequency generation.
- Wein bridge circuit have two stage amplifier it means it have two Transistor and also a R-C circuit. Which gives it a good stability and low distortion.
- The output frequency is given by, ƒo = 1/ 2π√R1C1 R2C2
- Now if R1 = R2 and C1 = C2 then ƒo = 1/2 πRC. Here R is resistance in ohm. And C is capacitance in Faraday. And ƒo is output frequency in Hertz.
- We get maximum value of output frequency at its resonance condition. In which input frequency becomes equation to its own frequency. And at this condition frequency is called resonance frequency. At this frequency the phase difference between input and output becomes zero.
- at very low frequencies the phase angle between the input and output signals is “Positive” that means (Phase Advanced), on the other hand at very high frequencies the phase angle becomes “Negative” say (Phase Delay). In the mid of these two conditions the circuit is at its resonant frequency, (ƒr) with the input and output signals being “in-phase” or 0° also called resonance condition.
Wein bridge oscillator Circuit diagram
In circuit diagram of wein bridge oscillator a R-C circuit is connected along with a lamp Lp. Here two R1C1 and R2C2 combinations are present in this loop. On the other side two Transistor namely T1 and T2 are also connect.
Construction and working of wein bridge oscillator
- Here we show the wein bridge oscillator. These two Transistor are able to produce a phase difference of 360°. This is because each Transistor give a phase difference of 180°. So we can say that output waveform are in same phase as of input waveform. Hence due to this reason the phase shift in wein oscillator is 0°.
- The bridge circuit having R1C1, R3, R2C2 and a tungsten lamp. Here, R1C1 is used to give a stable output. And Transistor T1 and T2 acts as a oscillator and amplifier.
- We also have a feedback signal. The feedback is given by R1C1 and R2C2 to the Transistor T1.
- The tungsten lamp (Lp) is also present to avoid the damage of the circuit. Because if a heavy current enter in the circuit then this lamp will be increases its resistance. So that’s why amount will be decrease at that time. And circuit works properly.
- Here C3, C4 and C5 capacitors are used. These capacitors acts like a filter. So that it always block DC component and we get pure AC in output.
- When we give the input both Transistor give 180-180° phase. And we get output in phase in which all frequencies lies in the range between 10Hz to 1mHz (10^6 Hz).
Advantages of wein bridge oscillator
- It gives constant output.
- The circuit work very easily.
- The gain is high because of two transistor.
Disadvantages of wein bridge oscillator
- It is a heavy oscillator because it contains so much components.
- This Oscillator is costly.
- It can’t generate very high frequency.
Numerical based on wein bridge oscillator
Question – In the wein bridge oscillator if R1 = R2 = 220 kΩ and C1 = C2 = 250 pf. Then find out the output frequency of oscillator.
Solution– we know that output frequency can be given by-
- ƒo = 1/2 πRC
We have given that, R1 = R2 = 220 kΩ
and C1 = C2 = 250 pf
Hence by putting these values in formula we get,
ƒo = 1/2 π × 220 × 250 × 10^-12
ƒo = 86350 × 10^12
Wien Bridge Oscillator Summary
Then in Wien Bridge Oscillator is a type of oscillator which requires following conditions to generate oscillations-
- Even if there is no input signal in that condition also a Wien Bridge Oscillator produces continuous output oscillations.
- It gives generally large range of frequencies.
- The Voltage gain of the amplifier is must be greater than three.
- The RC network can also be used with a non-inverting amplifier that means a amplifier in which waves remains in same phase i.e it just amplify or it will have greater magnitude.
- If amplifier is having a very low voltage gain than the desired oscillation will decay and stop. If voltage gain is too large then the output will saturate to the value of the supply rails and distort.
So our article is finished and after completely reading this article, one can easily tell what a wein bridge oscillator. And how we can explain it , what is wein bridge oscillator circuit diagram how does it works.
So one can say that they got a detailed information about wein bridge oscillator circuit diagram, construction and working of wein bridge oscillator, advantages of wein bridge oscillator, disadvantages of wein bridge oscillator, essential need for a Oscillator to behave like wein bridge oscillator etc.
Must read :
You can visit there for more information.
IT was an article based on ‘ Easiest explanation of Wein bridge oscillator circuit diagram‘.
Your suggestions are invited for more topics of articles. If you found this article helpful then let us know your views on comment box. And if you like this article then please share this article with others, lets help them too gaining knowledge in easiest way. If you still have any doubts and questions then you can surely text us via mail or in comment box.